Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 23:33:26 +0900 (JST)
From:      Takahashi Yoshihiro <nyan@wyvern.cc.kogakuin.ac.jp>
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please review newbus patch for amd and adv

In article <200004030613.AAA59095@harmony.village.org>
Warner Losh <imp@village.org> writes:

> In message <20000403150908J.nyan@wyvern.cc.kogakuin.ac.jp> Takahashi Yoshihiro writes:
> : Because, adv_isa.c is not required by PC-98, PC-98 requires only PCI
> : frontend. Then it contains isa_dmacascade function which does not
> : exist and is not needed for PC-98.
>
> Is that because there's not isa bus on a pc-98?  Or that the adv_isa
> cannot possibly work on the ISA bus that is in a pc-98?  If there's no
> isa on the pc98, then config should take care of not including it.  So
> I'm a little confused here.

There is not ISA bus on PC-98. So, we can't use devices for ISA bus on
PC-98. But, PC-98 has `Cbus' which is like ISA bus in software place.
As most codes for ISA bus are useful for Cbus, the code for Cbus is
based on the code for ISA bus.

---
Takahashi Yoshihiro
The Center for Information Science, Kogakuin Univ.