Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 13:27:32 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de, peter@bonkers.taronga.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any reason we can't enable the bus mouse by default?

Warner Losh stands accused of saying:
> Personally, I really like the current config files.  Maybe I'm weird,
> but they are useful, and a lot more "portable" from machine to machine
> than the way Linux, say, generates kernels (or did in the 1.1.x
> timeframe).

Likewise, I don't have any problems with the current configfile
approach, and that's not the issue here.

We're talking (or at least trying to talk) about an interactive tool
for generating these files, and the sort of backing database that this
hypothetical tool might require.

> Just my two cents.

Appreciated.

> Warner

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[