Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 1997 18:56:22 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      chrw <shredder@hack.babel.dk>
To:        "Darrin R. Woods" <rootlist@netgazer.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: INN question - expire

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Darrin R. Woods wrote:

> I've been running an INN server for about a year now and have come up with
> a problem that I'm not sure what is going on.
>
> Expire seems to be taking about 10-12 hours each day.  This started just a
> few days ago after I set the expire.ctl down abit to throw things away a
> little quicker.
>
> It is running on a P166, 128mb, 2.2.2FBSD, INN 1.5.1 with overchan.  Expire
> never took this long before and has been running for about 10 hours or so
> for 3 days now.  I changed it from:

I have experienced the exact same problem, and to begin with I thought my
feed suddenly had started feeding much more news than ordinarily.. I had to
reset my news spool and history files, and after that things returned to
normal. My setup is a p90 80MB memory and 3x4GB scsi spool, running fbsd
2.2.2, INN 1.5.1.

I have no explanation to what caused it.

> Darrin R. Woods                  |         "Will Work for Bandwidth"
> Director of Operations           |
> Netgazer Solutions, Inc.         |
> Dallas, Texas   972.702.9119     |      work:   http://www.netgazer.net
>
>            My employer most whole-heartedly denies everything I say

Christoffer Walther
Unix Admin & Hostmaster
PROVENTUM
			" The internet has perfomed an illegal operation and
				will now be shut down "