Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 12:56:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Morgan Davis <mdavis@io.cts.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        spfarrel@midway.uchicago.edu, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel panic - double fault

David Greenman writes:

>    The NE2000 driver in FreeBSD is rock solid. There are no known bugs.

I've got one of those NE2000 clones and it works fine.

>   I have one here that I get about 650K/sec with between two FreeBSD machines.

And between Windows 95 and FreeBSD, about 400K/sec, which I ascribe to
be a bottleneck on the Win95 machine (which has the same kind of card).

> The Suns do weird things with the TCP window. Last time I looked at Linux, it
> did weird things, too. :-)

Perhaps turning off TCP_EXTENSIONS in sysconfig might help?  There was
a time when I could not have that turned when connecting to any BSDI
2.01 system on our network.  With BSDI 2.1, it seems to be fine now.

--Morgan