Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 1996 16:09:37 +0600
From:      "Samuel E. Romero" <ser@hon.hn>
To:        "Daniel C. Fifield" <fifield@mfa.com>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Silo Overflows?]

Daniel C. Fifield wrote:

> I have read through all the mail archives and tried to adjust my silo
> trigger down to 8 in sio.c.  My server goes crazy and starts reporting
> silo overflows on all the serial ports on the BOCA 16.
>
> I am running 2.1.0 on a P90 with 48MB of ram.  I did not see this problem

Why don't you switch to 2.1.5R?.  I'm using this card/box in my system
and doesn't have that problem with modems running @28.8Kbps.

> until I switched from user ppp to the kernel ppp.  Could this have
> anything to do with it?  I also installed the modified getty to allow
> direct PAP authentication.

Can your users connect to the system, even with the silo overflows or
nothing gets transfered to the system because of that?.

--
Samuel E. Romero                              Soluciones Internacionales
ser@hon.hn                                               Honduras On Net