Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 21:56:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: New TCP sequence number generation algorithm; review needed

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Don Lewis wrote:

> Why not combine the two schemes and feed the random per-host data from
> the cloned route entry into the RFC1948 algorithm?  This doesn't solve
> Terry's objection, though.

That thought had occured to me, but I'm not sure it would actually add any
security.  I've been requested to pose the algorithm to people from
outside the FreeBSD project and what they think about its strength.  When
I hear back from them, I'll post more details.

Terry needs to clarify his objections.  #3 is the only one which is
definitely valid.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack