Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2005 04:09:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tom Huppi <thuppi@huppi.com>
To:        Ronny Hippler <replies.20.r11roadster@spamgourmet.com>
Cc:        freebsd newbies <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Noob boo boo with samba

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Ronny Hippler wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:59:12 -0500 (EST), Tom Huppi wrote:
>
> >> Well here is a noob sharing his experience. Don't mount a windows share
> >> in your home dir! Now how do I unmount this shy of rebooting? it just
> >> keeps giving a device is busy error even from root account. Doh!

> >Try 'lsof' to see what processes are using what files.  I've not
> >tried it on a windows share, so YMMV, but it's the best tool
>
> Well I wound up rebooting because I am impatient :) I did install lsof
> for the next time I do something stupid. thanks for the info.

I doubt that what you did is stupid.  You just have to do it
right, and I suspect that you did else it probably wouldn't have
worked.

The problem you seem to have run across is pretty common.  So is
the solution you choose...you are not the first person to have
done so...this is one of the few things I actually know for a
fact to be true :)

Thanks,

 - Tom