Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:32:50 +0100
From:      Fleuriot Damien <ml@my.gd>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: make release doesn't correctly include EXTLOCALDIR ?

On Jan 11, 2013, at 2:06 PM, Fleuriot Damien <ml@my.gd> wrote:

> Hello list,
>=20
> I'm running 8.3-stable r245223 from a mere 2 days ago and am in the =
process of building a custom release for our internal use as =
preconfigured firewalls.
>=20
> "make release" works pretty fine except for a few quirks here and =
there.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> First of all, I have set EXTLOCALDIR so that the release contains my =
existing /usr/local/ , and thus the collection of installed ports.
>=20
> The problem here is that while /release/usr/local/ is correctly =
populated, the ISO images and ftp install directory have an empty =
usr/local/
> Extracting the ISO's base.?? files doesn't yield the /usr/local/ =
contents either.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> The second problem I encounter is with the kernel's build.
> Apparently "make release" doesn't pull MODULES_OVERRIDE from =
/etc/make.conf and decides to build every single module, as opposed to =
my own restricted list.
>=20
> I'm going to try with with KERNEL_FLAGS=3D-DMODULES_OVERRIDE module1 =
module2 in /usr/src/release/Makefile
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Has anyone else ever experienced the same problem regarding the =
inclusion of /usr/local/ in their release ?
>=20

Reposting to -stable in the hope of getting feedback, having received =
none on -questions.

Has anyone experienced this before ?
Is this intended behaviour ?

I fail to see the purpose of including /usr/local/ if it won't be =
packaged into the release images.