Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 00:24:54 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NCR SCSI Controller

According to Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson:
> system starts to boot I no longer get any activity on my HD indicator. Has
> anyone else seen this?. Everything works but some times these stupid

What you're missing is this option to put in the kernel config. file. Why it
is not the default is that it may hang some no-so-compatible NCR based
cards. I know it works with my two ASUS cards (SC-875 & SC-200).

options     SCSI_NCR_SYMBIOS_COMPAT # for LEDs

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #71: Sun May  9 20:16:32 CEST 1999