Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 20:07:46 -0700
From:      "Aaron Burke" <aburke@nullplusone.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "Carolyn Longfoot" <c_longfoot@hotmail.com>
Subject:   RE: DNS/DHCP Irritation

I am no expert with broadband on FreeBSD, but the following may help.

User ppp has an option called "enable dns". This line just tells the
ppp daemon to update the resolv.conf file. All I have to do is rem
this line out. Take a look for this line in your config of ppp. If
you run your own DNS server the only thing in this file should be
   nameserver your-domain.com
   nameserver 127.0.0.1

The dns server will do lookups regardless of the contents of this
file. And I do not completly undestand your situation. But I hope
that the "enable dns" line being commented out helps.