Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: conf/6410: /etc/resolv.conf search field gets wiped out periodically

The following reply was made to PR conf/6410; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
To: Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:04:20 -0500

 On Sun, Apr 26, 1998 at 01:22:57PM -0700, Studded wrote:
 > dannyman wrote:

 > 	Are you by any chance running DHCP? My DHCP server sends me information
 > that the client uses to update /etc/resolv.conf.

 yes i am using dhclient.  i will look in to a workaround for this
 irritation.  thanks for the tip.

 > PS, someone might want to change the summary for this PR to reflect
 > resolv.conf instead of /etc/hosts.

 is that someone me?  (sorry, my bad ...)

 -dan

 --
   //       dannyman yori aiokomete       ||  Our Honored Symbol deserves
 \\/ http://www.dannyland.org/~dannyman/  ||  an Honorable Retirement (UIUC)