Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 23:40:41 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Wayne M. Barnes" <wayne@barnes3.wustl.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        lipnick@barnes1.wustl.edu
Subject:    mounting Win95 from 2.2.2

Dear FreeBSDers,

      generic pentium 200
      3.2 gig
      FreeBSD2.2.2

mount -t msdos -r /dev/wd0s1 /msdosC

panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry
(syncing and reboot occurs)

      On my other system with FreeBSD 2.1.6, and with DOS 6.22 on
the same drive, the above mount command works fine so I can
read data from my msdos partition.

      On a new computer I am setting up, however, which
came with Windows 95 (in case that's significant), the crash
and reboot results when I try the above mount command.

Here is /etc/fstab:
# Device		Mountpoint	FStype	Options		Dump	Pass#
/dev/wd0s3b		none		swap	sw		0	0
/dev/wd0a		/		ufs	rw		1	1
/dev/wd0s3f		/usr		ufs	rw		1	1
/dev/wd0s3e		/var		ufs	rw		1	1
proc			/proc		procfs	rw		0	0
/dev/wcd0c		/cdrom		cd9660	ro,noauto	0	0
Initially, I made room for FreeBSD with PQMagic3.0, and then I installed
from CDrom, with the default Boot Manager.

    Thank you for any ideas of what is wrong and how to fix it.

Wayne M. Barnes, Ph.D.                        wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu
Biochemistry Dept. 8231                   or  barnes@biodec.wustl.edu
Washington Univ. Medical School               314.362.3351  fax 7183
660 South Euclid Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110
          http://barnes1.wustl.edu       Just plain Taq is old tech anymore.