Date:      Sun, 26 May 2002 12:44:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Neil Ludban <nludban@columbus.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   misc/38582: sysinstall sets newfs flag after changing mount point

>Number:         38582
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       sysinstall sets newfs flag after changing mount point
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Doing an "upgrade" on an existing system, sysinstall partition editor
screen is used to allow user to specify mount points.  The first mount
point (per partition) entered is accepted OK, but when a change is made
after that (eg, to correct a spelling mistake) the newfs flag is set
to "Y" -- not a good thing to do when upgrading.
>How-To-Repeat:
See description.  I set mount points for all my partitions (/, /tmp,
/var, /home, /usr), double checked and noticed /home and /usr were
reversed.  Tried changing /home to /usr, which complained (/usr already
exists).  Set /home to /foo, /usr to /home, and /foo to /usr.  Checked
again and saw that /home and /usr had newfs flag set.  Toggled newfs
off for each, then changed /var to /foo and saw that newfs flag was
set again.