Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 12:36:19 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Text-based message archiving system...

In the last episode (May 12), Peter Losher said:

> Does anyone know if there is a script or a program out there that
> will just archive incoming messages (sent to an alias) in plain-text
> format (like Majordomo's archive wrapper)?  All the ones I have seen
> have been tied to mailing list managers, which is fine for mailing
> lists, but I would like to archive incoming messages to addresses
> that are not mailing lists.

Just have procmail archive them:

	:0: c
	Mail/archivefile

That'll copy all incoming mails to Mail/archive, and leave the message
in your inbox as well.

If you want the messages archived but don't want to modify any of the
recipients' procmailrc files, just add another recipient to the alias
and have it deliver directly to a file:

	myalias: user1, user2, /usr/mail/archives/myalias.mbox

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com