Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2001 22:44:25 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Wes Kurdziolek <wkurdzio@cslab.vt.edu>
Cc:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftpX.freebsd.org syncing (e.g missing files/isos)

Wes Kurdziolek wrote:
> There are plans to create an ftp-master.freebsd.org which the mirrors will
> sync w/. Right now ftp.freebsd.org is hosting a small subset of the real
> ftp.freebsd.org's contents.

ftp-master.freebsd.org exists and is about 80% complete.  Once it has had a
final rsync pass from ftp.freesoftware.com, it will be open for business.

Things were taking a LOT longer than I expected because of a botch in the
network interface setup.  The switch was wired at 100/full, and the damn
fxp driver chose 100/half duplex.  This was slowing things down
spectacularly with the faster sites due to loss from "collisions".

I hope it will be ready in the next 12 to 24 hours.

> Wes Kurdziolek
> Virginia Tech Computer Science Lab
> UNIX System Administrator
> E-mail: wkurdzio@cslab.vt.edu
> Voice: +1 (540) 231-3457
> Office: 116A McBryde Hall
> http://www.cslab.vt.edu/
>
> On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, jason andrade wrote:
>

> > Are there plans to get ftpX.freebsd.org (so far, i've tested where X is 1 t
> > 5) back in sync with the files offered by ftp.freebsd.org ?
> >
> > one of the main files which doesn't appear to be carried by any of the
> > above, is
> >
> > /pub/FreeBSD/releases/alpha/ISO-IMAGES/4.3-install.iso
> >

> > i've been trying to update ftp.au.freebsd.org to carry this and figured
> > since it's been around a week, most of the main sites would have it..
> >
> > -jason

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-hubs" in the body of the message

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-hubs" in the body of the message

Cheers,
-Peter