Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 1995 21:23:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>
To:        Bob Willcox <obiwan!bob@uudell.us.dell.com>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>, FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Exabyte on FreeBSD?

On Tue, 17 Jan 1995, Bob Willcox wrote:

> I guess I'm fairly happy.  Multi-file restores have been my biggest
> challenge.  The interactive mode of restore with the s (skip) option
> drives me crazy.  I suspect there's something about using it that
> I just don't get.

	the s (skip option) starts counting from 1 not 0, like the rest
of the world.  how this slipped in to BSD i dont know.  just remember
that skip is like goto and goto was the most common structed fortran
statement and fortran counts from 1 so the first dump of a multidump tape
is 1....and remember to use the nrst device when doing multidump tapes
and........argHHHHHH!

jmb

	just type 'sendmail -q -v', watch the mail spool empty out and
think quiet little thoughts--we hates bagginses, we do

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com	| Analysis & Technology, Inc.
						| 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.					| Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life	| 703-418-2800 x346