Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 16:22:10 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD ON TELEVISION PROGRAM

As Iain Templeton wrote:

> I was quite impressed by the time it took the SGI to reboot and be ready
> after the power came back on. Must've been a few seconds (unless I got a
> weird version of the telly the other week).

They could boot almost as fast as they could crash. :-}  The shortest
uptime for an Indy i've seen didn't last to launch the xdm login
window...

And, you could totally damage it by pulling the power plug.  The old
EFS (which was current by the time of Jurassic Park) was the most
fragile Unix filesystem i've ever seen, even more fragile than the old
S51K of SVR3.2.  I've seen an Indy throwing away its Xserver after a
crash... (and the Xserver surely never was written to, so one would
wonder why it was affected at all).

--
cheers, J"org