Date:      Sat, 06 Feb 1999 09:15:28 -0600
From:      Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com
Subject:   Frustrating to read...ugh!

I think it's sad that almost every PC magazine (including the whole ZD Net
set of
magazines) is so focused on Linux.  It's not that I think Linux isn't good
enough, but
it's as though FreeBSD...or any free UNIX version for that matter...doesn't
exist in
their eyes.  I think this is very crucial area of PR that should be
addressed.  I did
quite a bit of research before I decided to start with FreeBSD instead of
Linux.
One of the things I like about FreeBSD is it's organization.  An solid
example of this
is how distribution is done of new releases--very well organized in my
eyes.  I keep
reading about "corporate America " not wanting to deploy Linux (again, almost
NO mention of FreeBSD), but scared about the lack of technical support.  Of
course, there are companies like Red Hat, blah blah blah...

Anyway, as a (new) user on the outside looking in, who honestly believes that
quite a few corporate heads could be turned to FreeBSD, if only they won't so
ignorant...i.e.. they just don't know.  I do my part (and have been) of
doing some
PR for FreeBSD.  I guess all that's left (on my end) is getting damn good
at FreeBSD,
and asking management to deploy it internally, wherever I work, and
possibly end
up doing consulting with FreeBSD FTP machines and servers, and so forth,
but anyway.
I just wanted to say that...and I've been meaning to say that.  I apologize
to those at
the PR camp for FreeBSD, but I really feel FreeBSD's potential is being
hidden, and
right now it's only an "unsung hero"...*sigh*

PS - I also hate reading that Linux is Unix! AGH! As Homer Simpson would
say, "
	NO!...no no no no no...", again another reason I chose FreeBSD was b/c
	it (originally) started with AT&T Unix code...anyway...