Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:19:24 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Paulo Fragoso <paulo@nlink.com.br>
To:        Christoph Sold <cs@cheasy.de>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Procmail + Sendmail

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Christoph Sold wrote:

>  > Are there any possible to use .procmailrc like .forward to exec any
>  > programa (like gcc) in this machine? To block .forward we're using SMRSH
>  > on sendmail, works fine.
>
> It is possible to pipe mail into any command. You may have to have
> some thought about blocking this feature, since it cannot be disabled
> as easily as sendmail can utilize smrsh. Building a small jail should
> suffice, though.

Where can I found any examples to build one jail for procmail?

>  > Is procmail securit?
>
> Depends how you install it.

Hummm... I have installed from ports. Is necessary make anything more?

Thanks,
Paulo Fragoso.

------
"  ... Overall we've found FreeBSD to excel in performace, stability,
technical support, and of course price. Two years after discovering
FreeBSD, we have yet to find a reason why we switch to anything else"
						-David Filo, Yahoo!