Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:10:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   bin/2670: fetch and proxies

The following reply was made to PR bin/2670; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To: burg@is.ge.com
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 17:02:34 -0500

 <<On Wed, 5 Feb 1997 21:43:43 +0100 (MET), burg@is.ge.com said:

 >  1) fetch decodes the proxy port number incorrectly resulting in
 >     fetch: `http-proxy.euro.ge.com:80': invalid port number

 >  2) the GET has a leading / that should not be there.
 >     GET /http://www.xemacs.org/index.html    in stead of
 >     GET http://www.xemacs.org/index.html

 You're right.  I will try to fix these tomorrow.  (Your patch for (2)
 was too simplistic and doesn't work for talking to an HTTP/1.0 server
 which is not a proxy.)

 -GAWollman

 MIT, LCS, ANA, or NSA|                     - Susan Aglukark and Chad Irschick