Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:28:10 +0900
From:      SHUDO Kazuyuki <shudoh@muraoka.info.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: the prelease jdk1.2 for linux: problem

> > JDK 1.2 for Linux contains a JIT
> > from Sun, but that can't work with green threads.
>
> Actually, I believe the JIT compiler is from Metroworks.

JDK 1.2 for PowerPC/Linux contains a JIT from
Metrowerks, JDK for x86/Linux contains a JIT from
Sun. Both of them is provided as binary form.

I guess that there has not been any porting effort of
Metrowerks JIT to platforms other than PowerPC. I've
asked on java-linux list and couldn't get any reply to
my message which says, is there any effort to port
Metrowerks JIT to platforms other than PowerPC.

Kazuyuki SHUDO				Happy Hacking!
  Muraoka Lab., Grad. School of Sci. & Eng., Waseda Univ.