Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:09:46 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Ralph Forsythe <rf-list@centerone.com>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        itchibahn <freebsd@isot.com>, FreeBSD ISP List <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: apache_fp-1.3.26_1 port

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Drew Tomlinson wrote:

> I don't know if this is your problem or not but I got a similar error
> until I added the following to httpd.conf:
>
> <Directory /usr/local/www/fpwebs>
>     Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI MultiViews
>     AllowOverride All
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> The AllowOverride is the key so that the .htaccess files that the
> extensions created will be processed by Apache.
>
> > Do I need to forget using the sysinstall, and start from compiling
> the sources?
>
> I don't think so.  The port should work.  In my experience, most FP
> problems have to do with permission settings on either the files
> themselves or httpd.conf entries.

I have also had strangeness where I access a site using FP by domain name,
and it gives me that.  If I then try by IP, or even sometimes reboot the
client computer, it will work for me, then I can use the domain name after
a couple of days.  I've never been able to isolate the problem, and just
chalk it up to it being MS-based code, hence I don't use FP for much.

- Ralph