Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 13:42:15 +1100
From:      Nick Slager <nicks@albury.net.au>
To:        milton moura <miltonmoura@mail.telepac.pt>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: using the fixit disk

Thus spake milton moura (miltonmoura@mail.telepac.pt):

> can someone point me to a tutorial or FAQ on how to use the fixit disk on
> FreeBSD's 2nd CDROM?
>
> I have switched my 2 hard drives and my fstab partition information needs to
> be changed but when I boot from the fixit disk, / is mounted read-only and I
> cant seem to unmount it...

I think you'll find the / partition will be the mfs partition from the
fixit disk.

To make changes to the root partition on your disk, you'll have to mount
it first. Something like:

# mount /dev/ad0s1 /mnt

should do the trick (assuming you want to mount the first slice on the
first IDE disk).

You can then proceed to edit your fstab, which will be located at
/mnt/etc/fstab.

Nick.