Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:07:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      <jarod@haxial.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ACPI

Why is it when I try booting my 5.0 box without ACPI, I get a Fatal Trap 9?

Fatal trap 9: general protection fault while in kernel mode
instruction pointer = 0x58:0x3238
stack pointer = 0x10:0xed6
frame pointer = 0x10:0xf16
code segment = base 0xc00f0000, limit 0xffff, type 0x1b
             = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 0, gran 0
processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process = 0 (swapper)
trap number = 9
panic: general protection fault
Uptime: 1s

I booted 4.7 fine without ACPI, so I don't see why I can't do the same in
5.x.
Thanks.