Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2023 16:30:53 +0900
From:      Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: dns/bind916 builds rust unexpectedly

Hello.

It means that rust is so pervasive that rust builds are unavoidable :)
During the build of rust, we can take off and do some light exercise. That is to avoid strained back :)

If you are using a combination of poudriere and portmaster and do not want to build rust twice, the following spells it out.

sh -c 'pkg version -q -l \< | cut -f 1 -w | xargs -- pkg query %n:%n-%v | while IFS=":'\$'{IFS}" read n nv ; do find /usr/local/poudriere/data/packages/ -regex "\(^.*/\)*All/'\$'{n}-[^-/]*.pkg" -not -name "'\$'{nv}" ; done'

This allows us to collect the paths of packages that need updating and have already been built by poudriere.
Then replace them with pkg delete and pkg add.
If autoremove needs to work effectively, a little more arrangement is required. I will omit that :)

Regards.