Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:05:20 +0100 (BST)
From:      Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, Nigel Roles <ngr@9fs.org>, Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>, Ted Buswell <tbuswell@acadia.net>, Rob Seaman <rob@pioneernet.net>
Subject:   New version of Webgear driver

Hi all

I've updated the driver for the Webgear Wireless LAN cards (orginally
ported from NetBSD)

Download from
        http://www.ragnet.demon.co.uk/raylink-1.1.tar.gz or
        http://www.ragnet.demon.co.uk/raylink.tar.gz

It's still only for FreeBSD-3.x, but as soon as I've finished writing
this announcement I'm going to put together a 4.0 and a -current box with the
intention of starting work on porting it.

Changes since the last announced verson (0.9)

Version 1.1: 24/4/00
Updates since 0.91:
        A major re-write of the driver so that controlling the card is
        fully synchronous. This means that dhcp will work.

        Much faster transmit, a P75 can max out the 2Mb/s bandwidth.

        Improvements all over the code.

        Multi-cast is currenltly broken.

        All code knf.

        N.B. Version 1 never exisited, 0.91 was the last version before
        the re-write. The driver is now heading for version 2 to be
        a stable release for all FreeBSD kernels later than 3.1.

Version 0.91: 4/4/00
Updates since 0.9:
        Fix mbuf leaking on tranmsit (thanks to rob@pioneernet.net for
        pointing out the bug).

        Fix IFQ_MAXLEN (thanks to ngr@9fs.org and rob@pioneernet.net for
        pointing out the bug).

        Added signal strength cache and antenna switching (untested as
        verison 4 firmware doesn't seem to return the right value).

Duncan

---