Date:      Sat, 6 Sep 2003 15:16:39 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        horio shoichi <bugsgrief@bugsgrief.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rpc.ypxfrd(8)

--AkbCVLjbJ9qUtAXD

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 08:24:57AM +0900, horio shoichi wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 22:47:02 +0300
> Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > Is there anybody out there who successfully uses the rpc.ypxfrd(8)
> > server to speed up distribution of NIS maps, either on 4.x or 5.x?
> > I have trouble getting it to work.
> >=20
> I recently switched NIS master to 4.8-STABLE, and had some trouble.
>=20
> To make long story short, I did:
>=20
> 1. edit /var/yp/ypservers to make it single array of slaves.
>=20
[...]
I always had it like this.

> 2. cd /var/yp && make
>=20
> Qurious, which of ypinit, yppoll is to be blamed.
>=20
The above command works OK here, with 6 slaves around the world,
but what does it have to do with the subject?

I'm struggling with the problem of NIS map transfers not
working on slow WAN links, and was hoping that rpc.ypxfrd(8)
could be of some help here, but now it just doesn't work.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA,
ru@sunbay.com		Sunbay Software Ltd,