Date:      Tue, 08 Aug 1995 08:58:32 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        john@starfire.mn.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD questions)
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 3940W with FreeBSD

>Is anyone using this controller (dual SCSI channel) with FreeBSD?  If so,
>what would be required in addition to adding the PCI_DEVICE_ID to at
>least use it as a 2940W until I can add support for the other channel?
>And, BTW, what is the PCI_DEVICE_ID for this board?  Is there a particular
>IRQ that needs to be assigned for things to work?
>
>		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
>E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417

Both channels should be supported under FreeBSD-current.  If you have a
board to test on, I'll send you a patch that will allow up to 255
commands per channel instead of the hard coded 16.  I haven't committed
it yet because I don't have hardware to test it on.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM