Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:58:08 -0400
From:      Mathew KANNER <mat@cs.mcgill.ca>
To:        Graham Guttocks <graham_guttocks@yahoo.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD-RW: SCSI or EIDE/ATAPI?

[-hackers removed]

On Oct 23, Graham Guttocks wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm trying to decide whether the CD-RW drive I buy for my FreeBSD system
> should be SCSI or EIDE.  The Plextor PlexWriter 12/10/32 CD-RW comes in
> both varieties, with the SCSI costing about $100USD more.
>
> Are there any discernible benefits to SCSI CD-RW drives?  Any reasons why
> I shouldn't get the EIDE/ATAPI CD-RW drive?

	Hi,
	There was a recent discussion on -chat on this very subject
recently.  The consesus was SCSI but I use IDE with no problems.

	--Mat

> Regards,
> Graham

Mathew Kanner <mat@CS.McGill.CA>  SOCS McGill University
   Obtuse quote: He [not me] understands: "This field of perception
   is void of perception of man." -- The Quintessence of Buddhism