Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:18:17 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        pantzer@ludd.luth.se
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.4 upcoming release/timetabling/mirroring

From: Mattias Pantzare <pantzer@ludd.luth.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 23:59:52 +0200

> I am sorry but this is simply not true! The tier-n thing has ben discussed,
> but not implemented or agreed to in any formal way. If it is then that fact has not
> reached the mirror maintainers.

Well, I'm honestly not sure how the mirror maintainers could have
missed the discussion in hubs at the time, but you may rest assured
that the maintainers of ftp-master.freebsd.org see things this way and
if you want to make it official, then consider it official.  Only full
and complete mirrors should be talking to ftp-master.freebsd.org.  The
whole multi-tier mirroring arrangement just can't work any other way.

- Jordan