Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 22:57:16 -0400
From:      "Damien Champagne" <damienchampagne@yahoo.com>
To:        "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>, "Heiko Recktenwald" <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Cc:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: POP email client for darwin/Pine.

Thank you all for your help!

Yes, I was indeed successful in retrieving my POP3 accounts through PINE.

Doug Young is correct:

>actually its just a matter of editing the inbox line in pinerc
>to read  "inbox-path={<pop3_server/pop3/user=<username>}inbox"

This can also be changed from within PINE itself in the (S)etup (C)onfig
screen. However, I can't seem to set up the fcc settings correctly. It
appears that PINE is trying to create the fcc folder on the POP server
itself, not locally. I'm not sure why though, I've got everything set like
it says in the FAQ and the fcc man. Is this sort of an IMAP behahvior? I'm
getting an fcc creation error. Any suggestions?

--
dc
>As an aside...I don't really have anything against IMAP, but I travel a lot
and it's just easiest to use POP accounts with a web interface at a public
kiosk rather than pay outrageous long distance fees to fetch IMAP for my
laptop or Palm...but I really dig PINE and would love to keep it on my
desktop system.