Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:23:07 +0200
From:      <mathias.haas@bredband.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Stray IRQ problem

Hello!

I get these messages/alerts:

Jun27 09:52:00 Servername /kernel: straq irq 7
Jun27 09:52:00 Servername /kernel: too many stray irq 7's; not logging any more

The parallel port is disabled in the kernel, and this server doesn't have a printer port (usually irq7). I'm pretty sure I get this message even with the parallel port compiled into the kernel (I wish to remember that I tried.)

(The kernel entry is: device  ppc0  at isa? irq7)

My guess is that some other device is fooling around on IRQ 7, and I can't reserve it in the BIOS either.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Regards,
Mathias.