Date:      Fri, 02 Jun 1995 21:29:36 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Jim Durham <jcd@cs.pitt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: floppy installation of 2.0.5-ALPHA

> The problem with the floppy installation is that the device /dev/fd0a
> returns "busy" whenever you try to mount it. It does not appear to be

Hmmm.  I need to look into this more, thanks.  Floppy detection is
really giving me a pain, and my decision to go with fds rather that
FILE *'s has robbed me of any pushback! :-(

Clearly someone has still got hold of the floppy..  I will check that
the close from the root floppy extract is happening properly.

> mounted anywhere. Looking from the ALT-F4 shell, it also appears that
> the first slice of wd0 is wierd. It shows up as "wd0a", I think it
> wants to be "wd0s2a" ?? It is mounted on /mnt. If this is true, where

No, that's actually correct.  I have to to to extra trouble to turn
the correct "wd0s2a" into "wd0a" (one of the compatibility slice
names) since the boot blocks cannot currently deal with slices.
I'm stuck with the old name for root partitions.. :-(

					Jordan