Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:21:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@ohoyer.de>
To:        "Andrew, Juan" <AndrewJ@cadmus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: looking for a FreeBSD hardware solution for a web server farm

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Andrew, Juan wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am looking for a FreeBSD 4.6 hardware solutions for a web server farm. My servers spec are as follow:
>
> 	1) FreeBSD 4.6
> 	2) Xeon 2.8 GHz
> 	3) 2048 MB RAM
> 	4) 36GB SCSI
> 	5) 2 GB Network
>
> Does anyone know about any hardware solution (SUN or HP or anyother ) that it works under these specs

Well, Sun V60x or 65x will do, they are relabelled Intel OEM boxes, or
HP 380 G3, nice thing, also quite sturdy.
Only disadvantage is, that you don't get snmp agents for that box, but
the ilo also reports most of the hardware issues via web interface.

I'd also recommend going to 4.9 or 4.10 when its available, some driver
have undergone some updating...

Just my 0.02 Euro...

Olaf

--
Olaf Hoyer        ohoyer@gaff.hhhr.ision.net
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,