Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 1997 06:42:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stefan Molnar <stefan@exis.net>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
Cc:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>, Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: news server source for 95/NT

> And even though I try to be candid, I about NT, Unix, and the BSDs, if
> you say something stupid about Exchange Server I'll kick your ass,
> cause that's my baby, and I firmly believe it's the "most powerful
> messaging platform on the planet". :-)

Just for my wondering what is the bigest Exchange network have you seen?
I have seen a Notes setup that is the bigest I have ever seen, it was
being run by Arthur Anderson/Anderson Consulting.  When I was using it,
I got databases, emails, etc. from half way around the world (some of the
info I needed came from the UK) within a sec.  An if I remember correctly
they ran it on top of OS/2 for the server element, and they only needed
two for the entire East Bay.  I am not taking sides in this, but just as a
normal person seeing threw the waters, that was an impressive setup.

Stefan

"...Alll things are good, esp. an axe to a troubled server."
		-Said while on a caffeine high