Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 09:08:38 -0500
From:      Mark <mhumm2@mchsi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DCOP server confusion/question

Hi,

When I login to the system whether as a normal user or root, and I
immediately startx to KDE, I get the following message after which I'm
returned to the default console:

There was an error setting up inter-process communication for KDE.  The
message returned by the system was:
Could not read network connection  list.
/root/.DCOPserver_mhumm2.mchsi.com_:0
Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running.

If I wait about 30 seconds to a minute then startx, I get in to KDE and
everything works fine (except for the sound server, but that's a
differnt post and not associated with this problem).  OR if after
getting kicked back to the console I immediately repeat the startx
command, I'll usually get it.

As with the above error message, I'm attempting to startx as root.  If I
was doing the same thing as a normal user the error message would have
given the same message except with the home folder of the user.
/home/mark/.DCOPserver_ ...

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark