Date:      Sun, 03 May 1998 21:43:04 -0400
From:      dmaddox@scsn.net (Donald J. Maddox)
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3D "blender" package from NeoGeo now released.

Open Systems Networking wrote:

> On Sun, 3 May 1998, Amancio Hasty wrote:
>
> > Are people even trying out this wonderful package??
>
> I downloaded it and tried it out on -current to see if it worked on
> -current, but it just fires up, the screen turns blue real fast and then
> core dumps :) and everything goes back to normal. But I didnt dump to much
> time into getting it to run. But I think it's cause its for 2.2.5(6).

Works great for me on -current...  The only problem I had is that it is
linked against libjpeg.so.7.0, and the one in ports was just recently
updated to 8, so I had to hunt down an old lib :-/

So far the only actual bug I have seen is the "PLAY" button doesn't
work for anims, but the REAME BETA on their website states that
this is a known bug.

For those who have _not_ tried it, let me say that this is an AMAZINGLY
powerful package...  I can't believe they're giving this thing away
for free :-)  The documentation is almost nonexistent (at present), and
the interface sets new standards for non-intuitive-ness, but once you
start to get the hang of the logic that ties it all together, it's
actually pretty easy to use.  Anybody who is into serious modeling/
rendering/animation tools should _really_ check this one out...