Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:34:04 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Mishka Gorodnitzky <misaka@netcom.ca>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Plug'n'Pray SB16 compatible fun

Mishka Gorodnitzky:
 |     Hey there. I'm hopeing you guys can help me with a little plug'n'play
 |problem I'm having here. Help or a pointer to where I can help would be
 |greatly appreciated ...
 |
 |     I've got a SB16 compatible sound card here which sez it's
 |plug'n'play. The system I'm running:

Check out: http://multiverse.com/~rhh/awedrv/awepnp-freebsd.txt

This describes how to set up a PnP SB32.  I suspect this is a superset of
the procedure needed for a PnP SB16.  You'll need to fetch Luigi's PnP
code.  The page has a URL to a past version.

If you have any trouble, you might grep the FreeBSD list archives
(www.freebsd.org/search.html).  A number of people have been able to get
past the PnP hurdle with SB16s using Sujal's and Luigi's packages.
Failing that, Luigi's the PnP contact on the list.

Randall