Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:21:39 +0100
From:      Bjoern Hillebrand <bjoern.hillebrand@s-ar.de>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   OpenOffice build fails / Eclipse does not start

--------------060601070205070008010703

Hi Everyone,

I bought a new computer and installed FreeBSD on it ( It's a Athlon XP
System).
Before my new Athlon Box I developed on an older Duron System in Java.
On both systems runs FreeBSD 5.2. On both systems I compiled java
without any
special optimizations.

The difference between the systems is that my Duron uses JDK 1.4.2p5 and
on my new Systems i compiled
a JDK1.4.2p6. Java is built without the debug feature.

With the new patchlevel i have problems with compiling OpenOffice 1.1
and running eclipse.
At first i describe my OpenOffice Problems :

When you take a look at the attachment you see the reported log from the
JDK. I tried to compile
it with the BSD and the ULE scheduler. The failure is always the same. I
run it about four times and
it always could be reproduced.
Building OpenOffice on my Duron takes too long, so that i can't test it
with patchlevel 5.

The second problem is the eclipse IDE. On my duron it works very well
and i have no problems with it.
When using patchlevel 6 eclipse starts and init the main GUI but does
not respond on any keyboard or
mouse actions. After init the GUI is frozen. Using BSD or ULE scheduler
does the same.

I successfully run JEdit and the Appletviewer.

btw: What is the best way to downgrade do patchlevel 5 ? I am
interesting in testing OpenOffice and Eclipse
with the previous patchlevel which works fine for me.

bye
Bjoern

#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.2-p6-root_21_jan_2004_11_26 mixed
mod
e)
#
# Error ID: 4F533F4253440E4350500063
#

Heap at VM Abort:
Heap
Killed
dmake:  Error code 137, while making '../unxfbsd.pro/bin/setup_services.rdb'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making
/usr/ports/german/openoffice-1.1/work/o
o_1.1_src/setup2/util
dmake:  Error code 1, while making 'build_all'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---
*** Error code 255

Stop in /usr/ports/german/openoffice-1.1.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/german/openoffice-1.1.
finne#
--------------060601070205070008010703--