Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:28:59 +0700
From:      "Tolpanov, Dmitry" <tdn@stack.ru>
To:        "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc@imach.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Router based on FreeBSD.

Duplex modes are the same on NICs and switch ports.

As for PING time I can't definitly talk about it. It seems to me that
PING time is suitable (but Netsaint send PING ALERT and PING RECOVERY).
But transfer speed is very slow in periods of high loading.

I'm in confusion: PING time seems to be good but something strange is
happening. One the one hand 4 MB/s is not so high loading. On the other
hand 3 100 Mb NICs and 2 10 Mb NICs on station may be too many becausee
of hardware limits (for exampl=D5, PCI Bus).

So the MAIN questions:
- What utilities can I use for troubleshooting? (such as systat)
- What counters shoud I examine and what does their maximums?

When I will now answers I can find bottlenecks?

Thanks to allof you for your help.

Dmitry.