Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:53:31 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wpeters@xylan.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP and mgetty vs. MicroSloth

I have a user attempting to dial in via ISDN from an NoTworkstation 4.0
machine.  We've switched her connection from analog modems to ISDN,
using two 3Com Impact IQ TAs.  mgetty, which has been working flawlessly
until now, will not start AutoPPP for love nor money.  I'm at my wits
end, and she's driving me crazy wanting to have this working tomorrow,
so she can spend the day at home cooking and (ahem) working from home.

Any help?  Any magic incantations?  Another engineer in the office
has been able to dial in easily using Linux, so this appears to be
associated with MicroSloth's infamously screwed PPP startup.  Curiously,
though, the same configuration work(ed) via analog modem.

Help!

--
Wes Peters                                          Who's going to save you
Principal Engineer                                   When you're a slave to