Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 17:52:06 PST
From:      "Cosmic 665" <the_hermit665@hotmail.com>
To:        djohnson@acuson.com, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PnP modem...

He's right!!

    I looked up the modem on the net and it's ISA.  also, keep in mind that
any COM port & IRQ port on your motherboard needs to be turned off.  I would
suggest com3 IRQ and a higher IRQ value like 9 or so.  That way nothing will
conflict with your ports or IRQ's set by your motherboard. Especially if
your using a mouse, which often takes COM2 IRQ 3.  If you do decide to use a
lower-COM port setting and IRQ setting, make sure you "turn-off" any COM
ports and IRQ's that will conflict in *BIOS*.

-cosmic665