Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 18:40:20 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mr M P Searle <csubl@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
To:        mark@quickweb.com (Mark Mayo)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD Picture for Walnut Creek Catalog?

> On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
> > Well, the WC CDROM folks looked at the picture, thought "huh. we can
> > do better" and they're now working on a new FreeBSD screenshot for the
> > catalog, that's all I can say. ;-)
> >
> > 					Jordan
>
> Excellent! I look forward to their new picture! That's exactly the
> response I was hoping for :-) It doesn't hurt to sell FreeBSD a little
> harder, and a sexy screen shot is sure to help (at least a little).
>
> -Mark

> > > I love it!
> > > --
> > > cheers, J"org
> > >
> > > joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC: JW11-RIPE
> > > Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-)

Well, I've got a nice desktop I'd like to show, but I've not got my web set
up right now. I'll tell you when it is (a few days?), but it uses a nice
window-manager called Enlightenment. Only available as alpha sources right now
 (it's being replaced by an improved version), and not exactly 'professional,
not in-your-face', but definitely my preferred window-manager (every window
has a shaped border. Nice, but slow...)
Coming soon...