Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:43:14 -0400
From:      "Num_LOC" <numloc@home.com>
To:        <owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: The function keys does not work when running boot manager

Preben,
	I am not sure if this is what is happening to you, but I have noticed that
if you have a large hdd, and you have like 20GB for windows, when you
install FreeBSD, it want's it's boot sector in the first 1024 cylinders I
believe.... and if it does not have that it get's mad... and viola! the
function keys don't work :) You need to have your boot FreeBSD partition in
the first 1024 cylinders of your hard drive... Hope that this helps.

-Num_LOC