Date:      Tue, 05 Nov 2002 16:05:04 +0900
From:      Hiroharu Tamaru <tamaru@myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        "Andrew Dean" <andrewdean@connexus.net.au>
Cc:        "Hiroharu Tamaru" <tamaru@myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp>, <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: shutting down hard drive?

You definitely would need to apply the patch in there to get the MIB.
I don't know if it patches cleanly to a now-a-days source.

By the way, on some machines/FreeBSD-versions, just setting in the
BIOS to spin down the HDD (usually in power menu) worked. You aren't
touching the disk after the boot (by unmounting it or other), right?

--
Hiroharu Tamaru