Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:39:59 -0400
From:      Howard Goldstein <hg@queue.to>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        tim@pcbsd.org
Subject:   Re: GlidePoint trackpad not detected

Tim McCormick wrote:
> However, upon updating the machine to STABLE (as of today, 16th July 2007),
> I've found that the trackpad isn't being detected anymore, so I'm having to
> resort to a USB mouse.
>
> 6.1 detected the trackpad as follows:
> psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> flags 0x1000 irq 12 on atkbdc0
> psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> psm0: model GlidePoint, device ID 0
>
> The kernel 6.2 is using, is configured with both atkbdc and psm. psm however,
> no longer shows up in the dmesg at all, and the only messages I'm getting
> from atkbdc0 relate to the keyboard.

No fix but I can confirm I have the same issue here w/ not seeing the
GlidePoint as a glidepoint.  The built-in pad on my adesso keyboard is
detected as this under 6.2-STABLE

cally:~$ dmesg | grep -i psm
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
psm0: model IntelliMouse, device ID 3

(it works OK as a mouse substitute, but there you have it)