Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 21:48:57 -0400
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@rochester.rr.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Marc Wandschneider <marcw@lanfear.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UNIX Thread programming info?

The O'reilly book is one of the worst books I ever read.

The examples are not correct (and some don't even compile).

I have to go through it and write a review about the problems.

There were 6 different printings with erratas...I don't know
whether they caught all the errors...

Anyway, if you read this, look at:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pthread/errata/

I think it was so bad I couldn't believe O'relly published it.

They redid the examples 4/99, maybe they finally got it right.