Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:05:41 +0000
From:      Russell Vincent <rv@openusenet.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Here is what IBM thinks about using FreeBSD on their newer Thinkpads

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 11:42:59PM +0100, Jonas Bulow wrote:
> I wonder how long it will take for IBM to fix an problem like this. It
> is not a question about supporting FreeBSD, it's just a question about
> following very old standards, IMHO.

Assuming it is a partition 165 problem, maybe it is better to tackle
it with IBM without mentioning FreeBSD. Just tell the support person
that there is a problem when you set a partition type to 165, which
is what you are using for a special research project.  I bet
this gets passed on to the engineering/development people a lot
quicker. Once you get someone with a clue, you can mention that
165 is reserved for FreeBSD.

 -Russell