Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:20:21 -0500
From:      "Darrin R. Woods" <dwoods@netgazer.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   internal FBSD mirror

We a lot of FreeBSD machines internally and would like to have a better way
to do upgrades on them rather than upgrading each one of them over the
Internet.

Our idea is to keep all the necessary files on one ftp server here and then
just do the upgrades from there.  It would obviously go faster and would
cut down on our bandwidth over the Internet.

My question is basically this:  What directories do we need to copy down
from ftp.freebsd.org in order to do this?  Do we need just what is in
'distfiles' or do we need '2.2.2-RELEASE' or both?

I'm sure someone out there has done this and we're just curious as to what
we need to download.  I realize that we could do it with a cdrom but we
don't have that many drives and the ones we do have are only 2x, so over
the net off of a hard drive array would be much faster.

Thanks in advance.

Darrin R. Woods                  |         "Will Work for Bandwidth"
Director of Operations           |
Netgazer Solutions, Inc.         |
Dallas, Texas   972.702.9119     |      work:   http://www.netgazer.net

           My employer most whole-heartedly denies everything I say