Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 15:46:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS/Mail Questions

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Gary Palmer wrote:

> > I'm looking into building a secondary POP/mail server and would like to use
> > NFS so that users on our shell account server can get mail. Looking at the
> > list archives, I've seen problems reported because of the lack of file
> > locking code in NFS.
>
> Don't. I just told them to use POP/IMAP compliant clients. If the
> don't like pine/mutt and insist on using elm, etc (which does NOT
> support POP or IMAP), there isn't much you can do.

Just install ESR's fetchmail on the shell server to pick up email via POP
or IMAP and deposit it where ELM can read it.

http://www.ccil.org/~esr/esr-freeware.html

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael@memra.com